The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF, the sovereign wealth fund of the Russian Federation) announces the use of the Russian Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine in India today.
Sputnik V is India’s first coronavirus vaccine produced outside the country. The drug has become an important part of the largest global vaccination campaign against COVID-19.
The first vaccinations with the drug were given today in Hyderabad. Following the delivery of the first batch of Sputnik V to India on May 1. The delivery of the second batch of the drug to India is expected by the end of this week.
The Sputnik V vaccine was approved in India on April 12, 2021 as part of the fast track registration process. India is the leading manufacturing hub for the Russian vaccine. RDIF has entered into agreements with the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in India (Gland Pharma, Hetero BiopharmaBiopharma. Panacea Biotec, Stelis Biopharma, Virchow Biotech) to produce more than 850 million doses of Sputnik V a year.
Today Sputnik V is registered in 65 countries with a total population of over 3.2 billion people. Post-vaccination studies in several countries demonstrate that Sputnik V is the safest and most effective vaccine against coronavirus. In terms of the number of approvals received by government regulators, Sputnik V ranks second in the world.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), said:
Sputnik V is the first vaccine produced outside India that the country is using to combat the coronavirus. RDIF is ready to support Indian partners to launch the Sputnik V mass vaccination as soon as possible. The safe and effective Russian vaccine, which has already been approved by 65 countries. Will make an important contribution to scaling up vaccinations in India and reducing the number of coronavirus cases. ”
Key advantages of Sputnik
- The effectiveness of the vaccine is 97.6% according to the analysis of data on the incidence of coronavirus among Russians . Vaccinated with both components of the drug in the period from December 5, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- The Sputnik V vaccine is based on a proven and well-studied platform of human adenoviral vectors . That cause the common cold and that have been encountered by humanity for millennia.
- The Sputnik V vaccine uses two different vectors for two shots during the vaccination process. which creates stronger immunity compared to vaccines that use the same delivery mechanism for both shots.
- The safety, efficacy and lack of long-term negative effects of adenovirus . Vaccines have been proven in more than 250 clinical studies over two decades.
- Sputnik V does not cause severe allergies.
- Storage temperature “Sputnik V” at + 2 + 8 degrees Celsius allows it to be stored in a conventional refrigerator. Without the need for investment in additional infrastructure of the cold chain.
- Sputnik V is priced at less than $ 10 per injection, making it available to the entire world.
After the first doses of Sputnik V was delivered to Indians today. The Russian company announced a new deal of manufacturing 850 million doses of Vaccine in India. With Gland Pharma, Hetero Biopharma. Panacea Biotec, Stelis Biopharma, Virchow Biotech. In India