Veer Savarkar was born on 28th May 1883. His father’s name was Damodarpant Savarkar and mother was Radhabai. He lost his parents at an early age. He was strongly influenced by his elder brother Ganesh (Babarao).
Veer Savarkar was born to Damodarpant Savarkar and mother Radhabai. He had two brothers Ganesh and Narayan. Veer Savarkar sister was Mainabai. Veer Savarkar was first to call the 1857 mutiny as First war of Indian Independence. He wrote the book 1857 the first Freedom Struggle which inspired Bhagat Singh and manymany others. Veer Savarkar was the first to set bonfire to the British clothes. He was a writer, poet, freedom fighter, social reformer.
Facts that you should know
- 1st indian politician to set a bonefire of British clothes (his age 17). Founder of India’s 1st secret organization abhinav bharat( his age 17) .
- 1st Indian politician to politicise Indian freedom struggle to international level.
- 1st indian historian to write a book of 1857 mutiny 1st to call it war of independence. This book was inspiration to many like Bhagat singh.
- Only indian politician in ENTIRE BRITISH EMPIRE to be sentenced 2 life sentences that too in kala pani.
- 10 yrs of andaman 4 yrs in ratnagiri 13 yrs in nazar kaid spent 27 yrs in jail.
- 1st indian social reformer to take intercaste dinnings marriages 1st to open a temple for all caste in ratnagiri .
- First Indian politician to set Purna Swaraj as a goal of India.
Veer Savarkar said to his fellow followers to not to perform any last rituals on his death. He said instead of that the same amount should be given to institutions which work for nationa and Hindus. He was a motivator, influencer but he was defamed by our historians.
To get news updates and special articles to your email. Subscribe to our email service for free.